Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday!

I can't believe it has already been a year since the sweetest little boy ever made an appearance in this world. What a wonderful year it has been! Our lives have changed in ways we couldn't imagine and we are all different people for having loved Cason. He has been the best, sweetest, smartest little thing and I can't imagine our lives without him. Although he isn't walking yet, he will take four or five steps and then resort to his quickest form of travel, the army crawl...with one leg out at times. His extended vocabulary includes momma, dadda, nana, papa, hottt (as in coffee because me and my mom are always drinking it), deer (shocker, I know) - which actually sounds more like dee but we get it, ball, oh wow - sounds more like oooh oww, tttt tttt - this symbolizes anything that he wants really bad and points at, boo - when he's trying to scare us, yuck, bye bye, and uh oh. He has also said Elmo and blue, but these are few and far between. His animal noises include dogs, elephants, monkeys, and pigs. He LOVES fans, lights, light switches, vacuums, bath time, Blue's Clue's, Franklin, peek-a-boo, opening and closing doors, banging on the drier, feeding Ryan's fish, taking walks in his wagon, and reading books. He is very curious and likes to try and understand how things work by investigation...poking at wheels as they move and turning everything over to see the underside. He will imitate anything. This morning in the car I moved a piece of my hair and then happened to look back in the rear view mirror...and he was moving his hair with his hand looking at the back of my head. I choked on my drink the other day, and he started coughing too. It's actually pretty comical that he pays attention as much as he does...which tells me we're really going to have to mind our P's and Q's before too long! Happy birthday Cason Rycher...we all love and adore you to pieces!

Seems like only yesterday...

4 months...

8 months...


The birthday party...















You know it's good when you have to put two fingers in your mouth, and one in your nose.

3 comments:

kristen elaine said...

happy happy birthday sweet cason!! steph, the cakes are so cute! I can't believe you have a 1 year old! love you!

thedunns said...

I love the picture of Cason with his fingers in his mouth AND nose! That can't be easy to do :) I can't believe how quickly the first year goes by, especially since there are so many changes that happen!!!!! Where did you get his cake? It's precious!

Summer Pendley said...

Stephanie~I'm blog surfing today..I can't believe that Cason is already one!!! My daughter will turn one in two weeks, and it is SO hard to believe! Cason is gorgeous..I know you are loving begin a momma! :) Little boys are SO very special!