Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Momma Sabyl

Sabyl has always been maternal towards Cason, even frantically licking his toes when she sees that he's upset as if to say, "It's okay, it's okay." As long as I can remember, when she knows it is bedtime, she would religiously crawl in between me and Ryan to go to sleep. She would stay there for about an hour, and then make her way to the foot of the bed where she remained until morning. This was our nightly routine, every night.


Since the day we brought Cason home from the hospital, she got up for every feeding, never missing one. She would drag her lazy bones up and come sit in the living room with us until we put little man back in bed. Cason has been sleeping through the night since he was two months old, so every night when we put him to bed and tell him goodnight...Sabyl also follows us in there, sits on his rug until we tuck him in, and then she comes to bed with us. Over the past two weeks, she has changed up her schedule. She has now decided Cason is more important I guess. She falls asleep in front of his crib and at some point she'll make her way into the living room. I think she wants to be within hearing distance if he wakes up! I couldn't find her last night after doing the dishes, and I didn't think she would be in his room because I pulled the door to, but I walked in the back hallway and sure enough...she had pushed the door open with her snout and this is how I found her. I guess we've lost our snuggle bunny.

2 comments:

WinnFamily said...

What a sweet dog! I love how much she loves Cason, it's hard to find a good dog like that.

Jennifer said...

That is so adorable!!!